If you’re already familiar with our flower delivery service, you probably have noticed that we’re a big fan of gerberas. They go very will with lilies and so many other types of flowers, and they come in different colors, that’s why we like to include them in bouquets and floral arrangements for almost any occasion, from birthdays, celebrations and up to romance flowers and new baby gifts.
Here are a few things you should now about gerberas, that will help you pick the right arrangement for you, but also help you get good looking and fresh cut gerberas for when you want to go creative and make a bouquet on your own.
1. Unlike other flowers, when it comes to gerberas we advise you to look for flowers that are fully open. Once picked, gerberas won’t open any further… so don’t pick the buds, thinking that you will make your arrangement last longer. Usually harvest is done when the outer florets in the centre of the flower are open and begin to collect pollen.
2. Next thing to keep in mind, especially during transportation, is that gerberas are very fragile flowers and therefore very prone to physical damage. Avoid flowers with missing petals or bruises because such irregularities may ruin your whole bouquet in the long run.
3. Flowers love fresh water, gerberas strive for it! They are very sensitive to unhygienic conditions, so we advise you to keep them in clean vase, and regularly change the water!
4. When you receive a gerbera delivery from someone else, naturally you want to enjoy the charm of these flowers for as long as possible. After the courier passes them to you, make sure to cut 2 cm off the stem and then place them in water. If you ever have to move gerberas around, try to keep them permanently in fresh water. If the stems stay dry for longer than 15 minutes cut the stems once more. That way, even if the bouquet ends up a little shorter, it will stay fresh for much longer.
5. Preservative is essential. If you have some around your house, your gerberas will certainly enjoy it, and as a result they will fill your room with color long after you received them.
Want to have fresh yet cheap gerberas delivered to Melbourne? We’re open from Monday to Friday, and you can place your online order anytime. Check our bouquets of gerberas and pick the one you like the most!